7/18/13

Work in Progress

Remember my "bless her heart" newly married attempt at surprising my groom with his favorite cake after he had finished a really long day? It was posted on my Facebook page years ago. You know, this:


I KNOW. I KNOW. I tried? Scott hugged me and declared it wonderful that night. As he should have.


But thankfully, I've improved in the past 7 years. A lot. Here are two things that I've baked for him just this week that he did not have to hug me and say "it's ok, I still love it" over (a food photographer I am not):

                                                   Miniature Pecan Pies              

Miniature Peach Pies


I like my food miniature. I don't have any explanations for this.


I really enjoy baking but will probably not be writing about it a ton, other than this "proving that the women got in the kitchen" post, as most people with successful blogs write about their journeys with gluten free, organic, vegetarian, Kale Juice, kind of stuff. I love those people and I have tried to be one of them, but I have yet to call anything green and leafy a close friend of mine. It's a wonder, honestly, that I have lost 35 pounds since moving back from NYC....braggingwhilewriting. I can. It's my blog.

No comments: