9/21/07

Faith like a child

Today while walking my class to their favorite home away from home, the gym, one of my boys saw a sign being held by a homeless man stating "God isn't real, give to me and not the church." My boy looked confused, but I didn't think anything of it, because he is naturally a deep thinker type with odd facial expressions, until we crossed the street and he reached out to take my hand. He says to me: "Mrs. DeVore, that guy is SOOO wrong, and do you know how I know?" "How" I asked, holding my breath for the answer, because really, with 7 year olds, you never really know...."because, the Bible is thousands of pages long, and who would waist their time writing that much stuff if it wasn't even true?!" His face was one of pure horror and shock combined. I thought for a minute and then all I could say to this 7 year old with wide eyes was, "good point love, good point."

1 comment:

MomD said...

1st-grader Bailey said that guy and his sign were wrong too! I asked him how he knew, and he said he didn't know, nobody had told him. He just knew.

Too bad you can't give him a New Testament, and tell him to read the book of John, where you could hide a $5 gift certificate from McDonald's.
Mom D