9/6/07

Room With a View

The thing about NYC is that there is never enough room. People live in apartments that are 400 sq ft or less, 2-4 siblings share one bedroom, and schools such as mine share space with a Baptist Church. My classroom is held in the church's nursery, which means that every Friday afternoon all of my stuff goes into storage, and out comes the cribs, toys, and highchairs. I need to be thankful though, because I am one of the few teachers who actually have their own room. Others have to share with another grade using only a thin divider in between. My room is also the largest, plus boasts the best views due to a full wall of windows. Here it is, my classroom, home of the 2nd grade at The Geneva School of Manhattan.



12 little chairs for 11 little students



Lots of room to spread out on the floor for reading



Our Library, displaying artwork and silly stories from our first day of school today.



The view from the window ledge seat



View from my desk-Starbucks



The view from my rocking chair-Carnegie Hall. Not too shabby.

No comments: