9/1/13

Labor'ing

Labor Day weekend + a work-free Scott = Mini vacation to Saint Petersburg Beach for a few days. I'm not mad about this.

Here's our view, and a kid checking it all out from his front row seat:




My boy and I ran up and down the beach all evening one night, his blond curls lifting up into the air and falling down around his face with every heavy toddler step he took. The attention we (fine....he) received from everyone nearby gave me all of the validation I need to now make this an official fact, not an opinion: My kid is cute. He's also faster than me, and can run almost as long as I can before tiring. Can I get an athletic scholarship say what?! Here are some calmer beach shots from the daytime, as my phone was not on me during our evening workout.

"OHHHH, hey little blond girl." After this girl was spotted, I couldn't get my boy to even look in my general direction for almost an hour. UH. OH.

One of my favorites. Daddy Scott and his boy, headed out to the sandbar.

Sunset. No fish; the only things we caught were pictures. 


Saturday morning we awoke to a pretty heavy rain storm, leaving us stuck lying around being lazy. However, after the storm, this sprung up. Dang. God is good. I have a thing for rainbows-they remind me strongly of promises and new beginnings. And, they're really pretty.

The hotel had two pools to show off our fierceness in. You're welcome, guests of the Alden Suites Beach Resort.


One more sunset. 

Now, back to reality. Meaning, time to go to Publix.






No comments: