8/18/13

Classic

There are often tight bonds to be found within the hearts of a daddy-daughter duo. My dad and I have always been close. He stills calls me his little girl, and one phone call or letter from him has the tendency to make me tear up like I'm 5 years old again, twirling around in my dress in the kitchen as he calls me beautiful. It broke my heart to have him come and visit me up in NYC, only to watch him walk away on the street towards his taxi(s) when the visit(s) came to an end, each time realizing that he was aging more and more, as all parents do. I'm thankful to be closer to him now. Thankful to be recreating our old daddy-daughter dates in the here and now. One of the things we used to do together when I was just a little Amy was to hit up classic car shows (and boat shows), so yesterday, we went over to one in Plant City.

Sleepy little downtown
I want this car more than I want real pants. But really, I secretly long for an old 50's (Red) Chevy Truck. One day....

Finally, these playas, playing on.

No comments: