8/9/13

Family

My family members, though we are all broken and sarcastic and short, mean the world to me. We've gone through a lot together: death, disappointments, cancer, fear, fights over who took whose BONGO and/or Wrangler Jeans (ahem, BETH), divorce, moves, weddings, babies, hospital waiting rooms, losses and gains. Maybe it's because we've seen so much together that we all seem close, I'm not sure. But what I do know is that I am thankful for each and every one of the morons that God has given to me by birth.

Last week my sister had a major surgery that could have gone in many different directions. By the grace of God, she came through perfectly, and is in Houston healing as I type. 

Last Monday was my Grandmother's first birthday party in Heaven. It's still hard.

Family. You never know what a day might bring forth. My family knows this. The DeVore family knows this. So go and hug, text, or call one of your God given morons today if you can. 

Oh. My brother is in town. My brother is basically me in personality with a touch of Gene Belcher (Bobs Burgers), and in appearance he rivals Ned Flanders (The Simpsons) minus the facial hair. Got to see him tonight for dinner and I will see him again on Sunday. I love him. I'm stronger than him now, by the way. It matters.



"He's heavier than he looks Uncle David....."
"Told you so..." Thanks Dad for quickly stepping in and catching my child while I, the loving mother, took a picture instead.

No comments: