10/7/13

Beach and Botch

I love saltwater and the sound of waves, have I already mentioned this?

Friday the boy and I hit up Clearwater Beach with a few others.



On Saturday, we three DeVos took a trip out to Howard Park in Tarpon Springs for a bit more beach. I love Tarpon Springs and the architectural details in all of the older victorian homes within. I'd live here, but we'd need to get Scott a Prius or a tiny Smart Car to save on gas to/from his work....so...maybe! 


Today is a bust. It's been raining off and on all morning, so I decided that it was finally time to settle in and be a crafty mother, which is what social media has been encouraging me to do ever since I joined the party in Motherland. All of these crafts and designs and cooking with toddlers projects that I see my friends all doing look really easy and fun. So forget playing outside and running a muck-it's craft time and I got this. 


Homemade Play-doh prep. Done. 
I'm going to make it in every color that we have, as you can see here:

If at first you don't succeed, then your name is probably Amy and you're doing it wrong.

I tried it again, this time doubling the amount of salt in the random recipe that I had found online. It worked, so I made four batches. YESSSSS! Finally, I too can be considered a crafty mom!! "MacPherson is going to love it and he will hence love me even more for my efforts this morning," thought the silly housewife.... These four funbags have been sitting in front of him for 20 minutes now. MacPherson Honey Badger don't care.  Stop raining, sky, my kid and I are not built to stay indoors. 



No comments: