7/12/07

My Day Off

Since Scott has been the main blogger in this family, I decided to pull my weight and bring the camera along with me today to take a few shots.

Today was one of the rare times that I had off from my summer job, which meant that I had all morning and afternoon free. I slept in until 12 and then met two of my friends for Tea and lunch at Alice's Tea Cup.




After Tea, my friend Cole had to leave for an apointment, so Nancy and I walked to this cute bookstore that I love. Turns out I love it for a reason-Nancy told me that it was the one from "You've Got Mail." I knew it looked familiar!
(Mom-this picture is for you because I know that you would love this place too)


After visiting the bookstore, we headed to the Cooper Hewitt Museum where Nancy is a member. We went out to the back lawn and while Nancy read on a bench, I walked around this outside exhibit called "Design for the other 90%." The sign at the entrance reads: “The majority of the world’s designers focus all their efforts on developing products and services exclusively for the richest 10% of the world’s customers. Nothing less than a revolution in design is needed to reach the other 90%.” It was pretty cool. They stressed a ton of great ideas for cost effective ways to increase access to food and water and provided ideas for healthcare and education.
Not a bad day at all.


No comments: